Resin is harvested from the Olibanum tree by making incisions in the trunk or branches. The resin hardens into a gum and is steam distilled for its oil. Used since ancient times in religious ceremonies, anointing and meditative practices. Resinous, sweet, balsamic aroma with citrus notes. Sourced from Somalia.
Hydro distilled from natural exudate or gum resin collected from Commiphora shrubs. Thought to enhance spirituality and tranquillity since antiquity. Sharp, spicy, resinous, bitter, medicinal, smoky base note. Faintly balsamic or vanilla-like with a latex-like quality and elements of black licorice and mushroom.
To ensure maximum enjoyment and safety and to help you get the most out of your products here are some tips and pointers.
- to minimise the effect of olfactory fatigue where temporarily you are unable to pick up a particular smell after being exposed to it for a long time: switch the types of scents you use in your home from time to time, use different essential oil blends in different parts of your house or diffuse your scent intermittently throughout the day. This means you have your blend diffusing for 30 to 60 minutes at a time, then stop for the same time period before resuming. Another benefit of this is that it's a safer way of diffusing and you don't have to use as many drops in the diffuser to achieve the same effects.
- if you're scenting a particularly large space, create scented corners in your area by placing a diffuser at the entrance and exit points and at two designated spots in your room. Your choice of fragrance is perceived more effectively with this configuration as the aroma waxes and wanes as people move around the space, thus avoiding olfactory adaptation or fatigue to the particular scent.
- Pets: always keep an eye on how your pet reacts to essential oils you're diffusing. If they're showing any signs of discomfort, switch off your diffuser/oil burner and open any windows or doors for fresh air or diffuse in a space that your pet can leave if they choose.
- to enhance the shelf life of your essential oil blend keep in a cool, dry, dark place below 30°C, tightly sealed. Essential oils are temperature sensitive so do not leave bottles in the hot sun.
- essential oils should only be stored in dark glass bottles as they are light sensitive. Limit the time the lid is off the bottle to decrease exposure to air that can cause oxidation.
- rinse out bottles with warm, soapy water before upcycling or recycling to make sure your glass bottles are clean before collection.
- keep products away from eyes as essential oils may irritate sensitive areas.
- keep out of reach of children.
- diffuse essential oils in a well ventilated area.
- if you are pregnant, have a medical condition or take medication, consult a reputable text for safety data or a qualified health professional if you have any concerns before using Scentcillo products.
- consult a reputable text for safety data or a qualified health professional when diffusing essential oils around babies or young children.
- application of citrus oils to skin may increase sensitivity to direct sunlight, sunbeds or suntanning.
- for first aid information call the Poisons Information Centre: 13 11 26 (24 hours, 7 days a week). In case of ingestion do not induce vomiting.